Free Topic Week 😃

This time I'm going to talk about a videogame I'm really into: Osu!mania.
I've always enjoyed videogames, like most of the people, although I've never had good reflex for platform and fighting games like Mario Bros or Street Fighter haha. The reflex thing led me to play more Role Play Games (RPG's) in my adolesence. For example, Pokémon was a RPG where battle dynamics depended more on the combatant pokémon's level, his individual battle statistics and the effectivity of every move I choose. So until that moment I never needed to improve in my reaction speed and stuff.
I also played Massive Multiplayer Online Role Play Games (MMORPG's) with my friends like World Of Warcraft and King Of Kings. But I got bored because all these videogames were very complex to become familiar with and also the status you have above other players is usually settled by the level and money you have in the game. Basically you need to play more time and invest real money to be considered a good player on this games. I was disappointed when I found out that true. It was in that moment when I discovered Osu!mania.
Osu! is a free and open-source rhythm game. That means the game creators just designed the software, game dynamics, forums and stuff, but the players are the ones who design the BeatMaps (BM's) for the game. BM's are the combination of songs and a button layout where you have to hit the buttons at the song's pace. You can freely download songs from the official Osu! website. You can search for the song you want and, if it isn't there, you can always make your own BM's. Songs typically feature various BM's with different difficulties (measured by the amount of stars).Resultado de imagen para osu difficulty stars
There are some different modes of Osu!: Osu!, Osu!taiko, Osu!catch and Osu!mania. The last one is my personal favourite. If you've played Guitar Hero, you're probably familiar with Osu!mania's game dynamics. It's a game where musical notes come falling in their respective buttons, and you have to hit them at the right moment, following the song's pace.
Resultado de imagen para osu!mania                  Resultado de imagen para osu!mania mod

I like this game a lot because I feel like it's a real challenge. the game measures the accuracy you have hitting every note, and the notes you've hit in chain. Your performance is translated into performance points (pp's). People with most pp's are considered the best Osu!mania players. you can harvest a limited amount of pp's from every BM, so you'll be always pushed to move on and play new BM's. The harder the BM, the more pp's you can harvest from it. This is a reward system that encourages you to improve. And even when you're stuck in between certain difficulty levels, the game offers you other ways to get better.
There are "difficulty mods" that adds more difficulty to BM's and, in exchange, you can harvest some extra pp's. This mods consist in turn BM's twice as quick, or hiding notes, or making you lose immediately if you miss one note. You can even turn on many mods at the same time and harvest more and more pp's! 😝 at least, that's the way I improve and, while I'm on it, I gather some pp's 😍
I love Osu!mania because It's a game that's easy to understand and hard to master. It's truly gratifying to see your own performance layout on your website profile (I'm leaving my profile at the end of the post if you want to see it heehee). It's really exciting to play this kind of game where the world rankings are always changing and you need to be a little creative to improve. A game where the player's status doesn't come from the amount of time he played, or the money he invested, but from his real player skill.
Let me know if you start playing Osu!mania 😀 bye bye!
https://osu.ppy.sh/users/8328456

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

English Languaje Challenges

Learning English at university has been a very good experience. I enjoyed pretty much to write posts in a personal blog that I could customi...