Previously, on my other blog entries, I've already talked about my deep interest in scriptwriting and everything related to that subject. Honestly, I haven't thought about my post graduate studies, mainly because I'm wide open to opportunities the future has for giving me. Although I keep enjoying scriptwriting above all, I'm still discovering more roles in filmmaking. I'm always enthusiastic about finding new ways of storytelling.
However, my priorities about learning still revolve around scriptwriting. So, for now, my post graduate studies seem to point to that role.
Regarding to the reasons to do the course, I already feel very familiar to the basic concepts. I'm always reading, watching videos or looking for more information about scriptwriting. In all these years learning, the most rewarding experiences have been workshop thaught by people who lives of scriptwriting and storytelling. It's true that most of the info is right before our eyes, but it's also true that we ignore what we ignore. What I mean is that it's difficult to know what we're doing wrong if there isn't someone who knows enough to teach exactly what we're doing wrong and why.
No matter how proactive you are, you'll always improve faster and better if you're aside with a teacher. I know I would make the most of a scriptwriting post graduate.
I would like to develop all the knowledge I already have about the subject (character design, setting, theme developing, art) by writing stories and receiving feedback from my mentors. I still don't choose an specific genre, I would like to try most of them! I would gain a lot of experience. Also, that way I'll definitely discover my own style.
Although I'd prefer to take my post graduate studies here in Chile, just because of the convenience, I'm gonna pursue every chance I have to achieve my goals of improving as storyteller, even if they're outside the country. So, it just depends on the opportunities that shows up for me.
About the way I would like to take the course, I'd prefer it to be face-to-face. It's truly necessary for me and my sense of discipline to go to a place with a teacher totally separated from my home. That way it's like I'm turning on a switch or something, haha! I need an atmosphere different from my home, so I don't procrastinate as I do in there :(
That's all for today, smell-ya later guys! <3
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario